Friday, January 20, 2012

Standing Out Blogs

Reading, Reflecting, and More Reading - http://rrr-nans.blogspot.com/

The set up of this writer's profile is clear and eye catching.  The diction of this writer is one that is original and flows well.  When I read the posts of "nans" I find myself interested in what they have to say.  The line reading, "Why in exploding diversity do people feel the need to conceal differences and create equality?" caught my attention the most and was very thought provoking.

 Much Madness Is Divinest Sense - http://curmudgeonsareus.blogspot.com/

The name of the blog is what caught my attention.  What I enjoyed most is that the writer made their posts a bit more personal than I would be able to.  "I came across The Picture of Dorian Gray some time ago, having been aware of its existence for years (the consequence of being raised by an English major, I suppose), and it was always one of those titles that I knew I wanted to read, really should read before I get too far in life, but never got around to it".

More Cowbell, Please - http://kaleidoscopeeyes00.blogspot.com/

The response looks much deeper into the intro of Dead Poets Society than I could ever hope to.  This writer connects the tolling of the school bell to the impact of the Black Death.  "The bell tolls, signifying the end of childhood, like a Black Death sealing away the life that they once knew."  This response made me wonder what inspired the writer to think of this connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment