Friday, February 10, 2012

Reading post

I sat perched, blood pulsing.  An overwhelming feeling of surveillance sweeps over me, as if surrounded by countless foe.  Only 40 minutes before it's time.  I check my knapsack, blast, what little provisions I had packed had already been depleted.  Two options lay before me; option one, conjure up the effort to power through this predicament,  take care of business, help myself out in the long run.  Option two, abdicate, give in, call it a day.  The time is nigh, I reached down pulling out my tools for option two.  Rather than studying for the imminent nuclear bomb of a math test, I pass my time in study hall leisurely reading.  My provisions, or gold fish as they're commonly known by the masses, would be nice right about now, but I'll fare well enough for the time being.


It's been longer than I'd like since reading more than miniscule amounts during the down times in class.  After refreshing myself on where we were in the story it was an easy transfer getting back into the plot.  Kellsier off on another nightly outing making preparations for their plan.  However this time Vin has had enough of not being included in his mischief.  Secretly trailing Kellsier she notices he's quickly widening the gap between the two of them.  Losing his trail something catches her attention.  A bronze ingot lodged in the ground.  Another further up, "So that's how he does it.. and Allomantic road between the two cities (Luthadel and Fellise)", thought Vin.  The sheer imagination that Brandon Sanderson possesses continues to impress me.  Using the bronze ingots in the ground Kellsier had made a sort of "train track" he can propel himself over using Allomancy.  When Vin catches up and sees his destination the events that follows are nothing less than climatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment